A Small Business Grant is an initiative of the NSW Government. It is designed to encourage small businesses in NSW that do not pay payroll tax to expand their business and hire new employees.
To be eligible for this grant, your business must:
- have an ABN that is active, and
- not have a payroll tax liability
The following conditions of employment must also be met to be eligible to receive the grant:
- a person is employed in a new job
- employment commences on, or after, 1 July 2015 and before 1 July 2019
- employment is maintained for a period of 12 months
- the number of full time equivalent employees must increase and be maintained over a 12 month period
- the services of the new employee are performed mainly, or wholly in NSW
For each new position, the grant is a one off payment. This is paid following a claim being made on the 12 month anniversary of when the position was created. For full time employees, the grant amount is $2,000.
If you are unsure as to your eligibility to claim this grant, then please contact us.